Aug 10, 2011

I Will Lay the Word Smackdown On You!

I can’t possibly be the only one that heard “Shake the Devil Off” (idk…it IS a southern song) and got sooo into it that you wanted to be like “Aye Satan!! Get your butt up here.” and physically fight him…or maybe I was the only one literally stomping the ground like Whack-a-Mole was life size in my living room *shrugs* Oh well. When I was a little girl I used to ask my daddy why getting rid of sin and the influence that Satan had on us was so difficult. Of course being so young, my mind really didn’t comprehend much of what he had to say. I was a rather violent young girl and to me everything was easily dealt with by physical force. Even though I grew up in the church, my daddy was a Reverend, and everyone in my family was God fearing…I still had this thought that when you were fighting bad, you had to be like them in a sense. I’d heard so much about evil and how we were supposed to defend ourselves, that seeing close family members go through “hell and high water” drove me nuts. Why wasn’t anyone doing anything about this character? Why couldn’t we teach this punk a lesson? In my head it was simple. Just confront him and say “You come out and you make you’re idle threats, like you’re the Great One, but obviously you’re not.” then proceed to throw those little green Bibles at him (idk why I thought that would work). Sure anybody who lives in something called eternal damnation (heard it at church and was severely lost at the time) is a bit strong, but who cares? Whether it’s called a Hell in a Cell, Rage in a Cage, painus in your anus, the only the thing that matters was that I was going in to do exactly what I did best - layeth the smacketh down and get back the happiness of my people….yeah I totally just quoted some WWF -_- Say something about it…
After growing up a bit, and being able to understand, my daddy explained to me how we didn’t have to fight in a physical manner necessarily. Our armor was the word of God. Our sword was the word of God. Our Bible was in fact a weapon in a sense. Not that we were supposed to go beat people with it, but instead we were supposed to read and gain its knowledge. Honestly, I really don’t know where I’m trying to take this. I guess what I’m trying to say is that many people have the wrong idea of what the Bible is to us. I find that some people don’t believe that they need to study their Bible and look into the things that it contains. But when they begin to fall back into step with their old ways they do not understand how that was possible. Going to church, being around other people that love Christ, and believing in Him is good enough right? The answer is no. We need to arm ourselves so that when we walk into the world we can easily differentiate what God wants from what society wants, or even worse at times, what we want for ourselves. As Christians we need to know that we have our life manual, and all we have to do for direction is crack that baby open. Read it. Study it. Pray about what you read. When you take in something so powerful there will be a light that exudes from you letting people know what you’re about. When people know what you’re living for and what you’re willing to die for…it sometimes makes all the difference in what folks will try with you. For the bold folks just say this “You should know your role, and shut your mouth; take a little walk down Know Your Role Boulevard, hang that right on Jabroni Drive, and check your Aunt Jemima, no-pancake-having behind directly into the Smackdown Hotel!”



lol don't say that forreal yall.


Allie J


(Taken for my Tumblr 06/24/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave some thoughts!