Sep 16, 2013

"If Gangsta's Don't Dance, Why You Tapping With the Devil"

When standing in a certain position you can try to look back on your life to see when you stepped off the correct path, but honestly, I didn't care to go over the details. The nub and gist was that I allowed myself to make a Lot move for my personal comfort. Abram lived in the land of Canaan, while Lot lived among the cities of the plain and pitched his tents near Sodom (Gen13:12) Lot chose a location that held the promise of prosperity, though he was fully aware of the nearby Sodom's evil reputation. He completely underestimated the power sin can have when you have weak faith. After being sinned against, I walked away seeking comfort. Didn't care from who or in what form, but I knew I wanted it right away. My first step to a "new life" was placing myself in a position that looked promising for immediate results. Sadly, it was riddled with an evil reputation. Clearly, I underestimated sin, and I underestimated my vulnerability. I was weak in my faith in that moment, seeking something to replace what I'd lost, and almost knowingly exposed myself to corruption. In my mind the fact that I could see the sin and knew I wasn't participating, made me believe I was doing a pretty darn good job of evading it. We've all been there. We flirt with temptation, having no intentions of ever participating in the sin that comes with it. Some just want a way to feel better instantaneously. Some have a desire of personal notoriety. No matter our reason or intention, we roll up to temptation thinking we're invincible. Next thing we know though, we've moved closer than ever before, and now we find ourselves being run by temptation to the point of being desensitized to certain sins. When our hearts can easily take the weight of sin, our faith becomes weakened. And when our faith is weak...we give in. Attempting to find comfort outside of the Father will lead you stumbling down a dark road. Attempting to "live" near sin by going to places we know we shouldn't be, going along with what we know we shouldn't do, and allowing ourselves to get buddied up with the distasteful will bring us down. Lot ignored what he knew Sodom was about, yet he eventually moved within the city walls, which ended up exposing his entire family to corruption, and later led to his wife's death. Let's not make that mistake by understanding that we must move away from sin no matter how enticing it may be. God knows what we're faced with and has given us the tools we need: His strength His power His Word It all comes down to us making the right first step... In Christ, Allie J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave some thoughts!