Feb 19, 2014

Happy Birthday Sterling Valentine Smith (Late Post)


"First off I would like to give thanks to my Lord and Savior. To the One who delivered me from the hands of my sin."
Had to come on here like a Southern Baptist because I've been praising like a Pentecostal! lol jk
Seriously though...I AM HAPPY!

Recently we celebrated my Grandfather's 76th birthday and that entire weekend reminded me of what real love looks like among others. Most of us have interactions with people almost all day and still lack intimacy simply because they're typically strangers who can't provide that for you. Even with family things can get a bit stale when routines set in.
This weekend though! It was amazing! Family from different states came in, cooked, played games, laughed, and just brought in so much joy.

There aren't even words to describe how beautiful it was.

My PawPaw absolutely enjoyed the fact that so many people showed up to celebrate with him (around 60 folks showed up)


He's the light skin brotha, the sassy chocolate behind him is my lovely Granny, and the guy to the right is his brother.






My brother surprised him by coming all the way from South Korea:



It was completely awesome in every way. Enjoyed myself to the fullest and I'm thankful for the Lord allowing us that day with each other.

My Tortilla Chip and I

The One and ONLY Sterling Valentine (legit name isn't it?)

This is Queen Chocolate aka G-Mama. I get this smoothness from her ;)

Clearly excited...

True joy in his eyes as we sung him Happy Birthday...had to cut the camera off to go check on my PawPaw.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave some thoughts!