Oct 13, 2010

Definition of Prude

It’s been almost a month since I’ve entered the world of college and frankly I can easily say that some things just don’t change. From day one I’ve had more encounters with disrespectful guys than I have those impossible statistic problems and notorious ten page college papers. Last night I had a conversation with some guy that was trying to “holla” and I must be quite frank when I say that the crap that he let out of his mouth was dumber than anything I could have gotten out of a grown man with a first grade education. Every girl is different when it comes to what type of attention they want to receive from the opposite sex. Personally I prefer not being fondled and called somebody’s Mama but hey that’s just me. Anyway back to this guy who made my head hurt with his obviously lack of thought. He stated “When I meet a girl I want to get in her pants by the third time we talk” and when I asked why he felt that way he asked me what was the point of holding out. In his words “An idiotic girl that’s withholding is still going to be an idiotic girl at the end of the night no matter if she gives it up or not so she might as well get some respect”. Hmm…interesting…I didn’t know things worked that way. We talked a bit longer and I gave him my side which included how I thought that every girl wasn’t idiotic and that sex wasn’t to be handed out like samples at Sam’s Club. Of course that just got me dubbed as a bitter uptight prude…sadly he apparently doesn’t know the definition of prude as I wouldn’t be talking about sex in the first place if I were. But all ignorance on his part aside that is really how some people, both guys and chicks alike, think about relationships. Am I the only one who finds this to be total bull crap or am I just a prude?

5 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you are a prude. You are a respectable young woman that is chosing to stand for something you believe.

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God Bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to share something that my daddy told me about this.

    "That is how most folk who evolve & don't think, act; like sex is a toy
    you got to have. It is a lack of purpose in his misuse of Life by his
    actions: have sex, find empty headed folk to brag to about it. This
    conquest attitude shows a slavery mentality & is an example of where
    our society has fallen"

    He put it in words that I've been trying to find for awhile

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave some thoughts!