Mar 23, 2012

It's so beautiful how Nala is more than often an illustration from God to me..

Like just now for instance, she woke up, sidled up under my arm, and went right back to sleep. Whenever I move, she scoots closer. Her contented little sighs sound so pleasurable because she truly does love being under me. When we sleep she curls her body around my arm. When I’m reading she does the same, and even when I’m walking around the house, she’s not too far behind. Nala loves me, and I’m positive she knows I love her back. Even if I’ve only been gone for a few minutes, she runs to me with her entire little body shaking from her tail wagging so hard. She finds comfort in my arms. It has been five years since she was rescued and not a day passes that she doesn’t show me how much she cares for me.

Right after thinking of all this, God said to me that how she is, is how I should be. He rescued me from sin, so why am I not constantly joyful with Him? He brings me comfort, so why do I sometimes lash out at Him? He is the source of my joy, my strength, my redemption, and all that I have…so why does my body not shake, dance, jump around, and be moved with these uncontrollable movements because I am full of excitement just to be in His presence every single day?

Time to change some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave some thoughts!