Oct 14, 2013

God is Faithful

Let's just say that in a moment of weakness I may or may not have spoken to a person I shouldn't have been talking to.
In fact, in my loneliness, I had talked myself into hanging out with them tomorrow.
Though I knew it wasn't the best idea and probably would set me back, I was still gonna do it.
But God...He surely knows how to capture your attention.

While on FB someone messaged me and it turned out to be a very refreshing convo...I mean, it was lighthearted and warm. Nothing serious or over the top. Just real.
I'm not going to read into the persons intent because that isn't the important thing right now. What's important is how that conversation made me feel! I felt as if they were interested in what I had to say and wanted to talk to me.
I didn't feel as if I were bugging them or prying information from their lips.
They willingly gave. Freely, unselfishly, happily.

As silly as it may sound, that felt so amazing.
It made me feel cared for.
Like I said before, I doubt that was their intention, but that's what resulted.

Him allowing me to have that type of encounter let me know that I did not need to turn back to what I left. He would provide what I needed when the time that I needed it arrived.
He showed me that I'm worth more and that He isn't the only one who believes so.

The conversation wasn't about my looks, or really even about me at all, but it helped me see me better in this tempting time.

I don't need anything that's going to tear me down...
I don't need to look back or I may fall.


No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
1Cor10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave some thoughts!