Oct 10, 2013

Putting It All Out In the Open... :/

I recently went through a pretty tough break up. I was with this guy for about a little over a year and half of my life and that's not something to laugh at with me. Typically I ensure that I do not give any man my time, efforts, or heart unless I can see potential for us. So, obviously, I haven't had any serious relationships prior to this due to my extreme screening. In a way I felt a bit silly. I gave this guy so much of me and he ended up disrespecting it in the ultimate way.
Infidelity.
It's an ugly word. A hurtful action. It's destructive to relationships and each individual it may affect.
It hurts that it's over but I'm relieved that I won't have to deal with that anymore from him.
Kind of a bittersweet type of feeling...

Day by day though...It's getting better.

Last night I gave him his things back and the finality of that action really cut deep. To hand someone over things that you once took comfort in...to rid your life of little items that put little smiles on your face...to see how bare a place can look without certain things.
It makes me think of how important he was to me.
But he made me walk away and there's nothing else I can do about the situation.

God wants me to move on, to heal, and that's what I'm striving to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave some thoughts!