Oct 17, 2013

Pearls Before Swine

Last night was tough. Before work was over I was holding back tears, waiting to make it to my car. Before I even closed the door, the tears came. In an effort to release some of my feelings I called my ex to express to him how I felt about everything as far as us attempting to still be friends...and as relieving as that was, I was still upset. Of course, being friendless meant that there was no one else to talk to, but I called a woman from church who has always been extremely kind to me. We met up at church and I let go of a lot of confusion. I told her about feeling so alone and not knowing how to deal with that constant pain and awareness of loneliness. She said to me:

A diamond does not need to be surrounded by other gems.
You will rarely see someone set a diamond with other gems because a diamond can stand out on it's own. They're brilliant, they're enough, and they speak for themselves.

She compared me to a diamond saying that being surrounded by anything less than would not be beneficial to me. I look at who I had attempted to hang with, date, and befriend...and I see what she meant. Almost every one of them were into things that would cause me to compromise and step outside of myself...and that's not what God wants from me.
He made me how He did for a reason. There is purpose behind my being.
At this moment He has me where I need to be, as difficult as that is to accept.

I hate being lonely, not having a friend to go to, or do things with.
It really sucks.

He has a plan though. I don't know what it is, but I know that I can trust Him.
That's what I'm going to have to start doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave some thoughts!