Aug 14, 2010

There Is No One Else Like My Daddy...I Thank Him For Loving Me

Today I went out and about with my daddy to pick up a few more things for college. Shopping is shopping but when you go to get undergarments with your father I swear shopping gains a whole new meaning!! His jokes and SUPER honest opinions on things makes me realize just how much alike we are.
If I had to ever admit to regretting anything in the few years I have lived I would have to say that it would be me not ever appreciating, respecting, or loving my daddy enough. Sure I do love him more than sooo many things in life but to be honest its not shown as best as it could be.
A little while ago I was helping him look through boxes in his office attempting to find only God knows what lol and I was sitting there thinking "Here's a great man that God has blessed me with. I have taken him for granted on so many levels." It is so true. Now here I am about to leave home in about a week...how can I ever gain back the past years to let him know that I love him and that yes I do truly appreciate everything you've done...The simple fact is...that I cant.
Right now just thinking of how he must feel that I haven't been the best daughter and how I don't spend much time with him has me bawling. From time to time he has always been there in every situation, everything financially, everything spiritual, and just everything dealing with my family. I couldn't say that I've ever met a man so strong in faith and so hardworking. Cant say that I ever will meet anyone that could steal that title from him.
I will make a vow to myself to make an effort to strengthen our father daughter relationship. No matter what. Before anymore time is wasted he will know how much I care and how I think of him as a solid rock in my life. Since I've been a little girl I've always wanted to be like my daddy and obtain the qualities that he has seemed to effortlessly contain in his heart. Especially his happiness. Of many things in this world he has to be one of the few that make me genuinely joyful. In my heart I yearn for him to feel the same.


Hold your hand much bigger
Never wanted mine to grow
So I could always feel perfect
Inside your palms just so
No one loves me just like you do
No one knows me just like you do
No one can compare
To the way my eyes fit in yours
You'll always be my father
And I'll always be your joy
~Chrisette Michelle

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should write for a living because you're good!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave some thoughts!